Saturday, June 1, 2013

Review: The Body Shop Body Butters

I am back with yet another blog post about The Body Shop! You can probably tell by now that I kind of like The Body Shop. They are just an all-around great store. In my last post about TBS, which you can read here, I mention that I joined their member club. After you join, you are gifted a free item (or items) worth up to $10 of your choosing. One of the products I chose was the Coconut Body Butter.
 
Let me start off by saying that I've been much of a fan of lotions and I'd never tried a body butter before. It sounds weird but I've just never liked the greasy, oily, residue they give you and I guess I've never cared enough to look for a good quality one.



Once I tried this one, however, I immediately fell in love. I don't have oily skin, but it isn't super dry either. This stuff is just extremely moisturizing. I love the thick, rich consistency and how well it works into your skin. It is unbelievable how amazing these body butters are. The only downside is that there is a slight residue left on your hands. However, it really isn't that bad and doesn't bother, as it works too well to care.

The first one I got was coconut scented and it smells just wonderful. I know some people aren't a fan of coconut scents, but this one is so subtle and creamy it's just really nice and relaxing. I suggest giving this a smell. It's not too strong; it's just right.

Now onto the Shea Butter one. I chose this one because I didn't really want a super fruity or chocolaty one, so I thought this would be perfect. I do enjoy the scent very much. Airing on the side of caution, it is a more musky fragrance. It's a little bit stronger than the coconut one but I still find it lovely. It's a mix between nutty and musky.

I like getting the mini or travel sized ones as I don't really need to use them every single day so I find I probably don't need a full sized product. The full sized tubs are $20 whereas the minis are only $6 for 50 ml.

I am in love with these body butters and highly recommend checking the Shea Body Butter and the Coconut Body Butter. Until June 2 (tomorrow) The Body Shop is having a sitewide 40% off sale. (no, I'm not sponsored by TBS, just a huge fan :D)




4 comments:

  1. I've never used their body butters, but I might just give them a try now

    http://a-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ♥aley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should! I have to say, they're pretty great

      Delete
  2. ooh i love the body shop body butters! my skin gets really dry sometimes & these are moisturising :) coconut smells sooooo good as well!

    sara x

    www.essayelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my skin too and these works wonders!

    ReplyDelete