Sunday, June 9, 2013

More New Obsession Worthy Songs

I'm always on the lookout for new (whether that be actually new or just something I'd never heard before) songs. I feel the need to share as I'm listening to these songs now nonstop and think they're amazing. Hopefully, if you're looking for something new to listen to these might give you an idea.
Massive Attack
First, I wanted to talk about this group and their songs as a collective because it's already hard enough to describe their musical style even once. Their genre is explained as trip-hop although I don't find this title fitting as most of their songs don't really have an ounce of hip-hop element. I would say it's more electronic, psychedelic, possibly even trance-like. Whatever it is, I just am absolutely in love with it.


I first heard one if their songs, Angel, on the season 4 finale of The West Wing. I knew I had to go and Google to try and find out who and what this song was.

As I was on Spotify checking out their music I recognized one tune called Teardrop as being extremely familiar. I realized right away it was from an episode of Prison Break (one of my other extreme addictions). It was playing on the night of the escape, as they were about to leave (for real this time).

Two other songs I am enjoying from them are Paradise Circus and Dissolved Girl.

I don't know what I've done going most of my life without knowing about these weird and wonderful songs.

Because We Can - Bon Jovi
Let me start off by saying that Bon Jovi has been probably my favorite band now for a very long time. I am in love with JBJ. What I love is when bands from the 60s, 70s, and 80s continue to make music today and are fairly true to their sound. It is so nice to hear new-old stuff. In my opinion, Bon Jovi has done a pretty good job at that. I heard this song a while back but didn't really listen to it all the way through but still planned on downloading it, just never did.

Then last night, I couldn't stop repeating it. I listened to it so much it got stuck in my head for the rest of the night and into today. It is catchy and good.

Have you heard/like any of these songs? Let me know anything you've been loving recently!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/missbre13

No comments:

Post a Comment