Saturday, June 22, 2013

College Haul!

I am so excited to be moving away and off to college in a couple of weeks. I'll be attending a community college for two years before transferring to a 4-year university. So instead of moving into a dorm right away (which was my original intention; I was planning on starting out a 4-year school but things changed) I'll be moving into my very first apartment! Yay! It'll be just a tiny studio to start off with because where I'm going rent is crazy high. Anyway, I titled this post College Haul instead of Apartment Haul because I didn't want to exclude reader who are moving into a dorm in the fall. Almost everything I'll be buying is used for apartments and dorms alike. I will be buying kitchen and bathroom stuff, though, which standard dorms usually do not require.

 
I have only purchased a few things so far but still wanted to share with you guys in case you're going off to college as well and maybe aren't sure what to get. The next time I go shopping and buy more stuff I'll be sure to do a part two (or however many parts it will take).

I will say where I got these items but I wont put links because I find that a lot of things are in the store but not online and vice versa. Shopko was (technically still is but today is the last day) having a huge summer sale type thing were literally almost every single item in the store was discounted, most of them greatly. I found this to be the perfect opportunity to start my college shopping and save a ton! So here's what I bought:


1
3
2

1. I got just a red small-medium sized frying pan from Shopko. It was originally $29.99 but I got it for $12.88

2. A purple body pillow cover (I already have a body pillow) from Shopko. Originally $20 I got it for $7.99

3. Really cute silverware set from Shopko that was a steal! I found this in the summer section with all the clearance stuff. Originally $19.99 I got it for $4.88

6
5
4


4. A double pack or Pyrex baking dishes from Shopko. Originally $19.99 i got it for $11.99
 
5. My purple and blue cheetah print comforter that i got from eBay for $47 (including tax and shipping). This acts as the central theme/color scheme that I'm going for. I found it on Amazon but one day I checked and it said it was no longer available so luckily I found it on eBay and snatched it up! I actually bought this months ago.
 
6. A 3 pack of baking sheets from Shopko that were originally $19.99 and I got for $7.88
 
7
9
8
10
7. I got this purse from Aeropostale after discovering it was on sale for $14 after originally being $40. I found it to be exactly what I was looking for and ordered it online. It stung a little having to pay the $7 shipping, but I am in love with this bag (I'm keeping the plastic on until I start using it, hence the dead look it has).
 
8. I've seen this duct tape a few places and just knew I had to have it. I got it from Shopko for $5 after being discounted from $5.99 (still expensive, I know but I figured it'd be expensive everywhere and I knew I had to have it).
 
9. I found these perfect purple sheets from Shopko. Originally $29.99 I got it for $9.88.
 
10. I bought this poster of my beloved Backstreet Boys (who I'm seeing in concert in September btw!) specifically for my new place so I haven't taken it out of its shipping tube. This is what it looks like and I believe I bought it for around $7 with free shipping off of eBay. When I bought my other BSB poster (yes, I have more than one hehe) I saw this one first and wanted it really bad. When I went to purchase it, it had disappeared so I bought a different one. So glad I found this one again though!
 
I still have a lot to buy and am looking forward to finishing my shopping! Aside from the items I bought from Aeropostale and eBay, I spent a total of $65.76 and saved $73.43! I feel proud of myself for this one.
 
Are any of you going off to college this fall too? Let me know in the comments!
 
Connect with me:


6 comments:

  1. What fun!! I just graduated from College, and it is such an incredible experience. I remember when I was moving out four years ago I was SO nervous, buying things for my dorm was the only way to cope! Retail therapy at it's finest :)

    I love your blog and just followed you on bloglovin!

    Katie's Beautique

    Katie’s Beautique on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! I think shopping is what I'm (currently) most excited about haha
      Thanks! I'm following you now too!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Congrats on finishing a two year college and getting into a four year one!! I'm moving for a year abroad next year and while the dorms I'm going to stay in have the basic necessities, I still need to figure out what to buy so this post was definitely helpful since i always only remember the fun stuff - like clothes and decorations. Haha! LOVE the backstreet boys posters! Throw back to the 90s! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I actually haven't gone to the two year college yet! I did get accepted to my top choices for four year schools though but decided to go to a community college to save money. I definitely look forward to buying the stuff too! I have somewhat of an obsession with Backstreet Boys :)

      Delete
  3. Such an amazing time in your life! I loved shopping for my new apartment! Purple is my favorite color, great choices!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm really looking forward to it! And purple is awesome!

      Delete