Monday, May 27, 2013

New Obsession-Worthy Songs

Hello interwebs! Today I thought I would share what I've currently been obsessing over and maybe give you some new music ideas, because I know I'm always looking for fresh tunes. All of these songs I literally heard for the first time a couple of days ago and have been listening to nonstop. Let me know if you enjoy these as much as I do! <3
Get Lucky - Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams
I've never really listened to Daft Punk before, or Pharrell for that matter. I was on Spotify and figured I should check out what is currently the Number 1 song on there. I guess I was pleasantly surprised because this is not what I expected this song to sound like! It is such a fun, upbeat, dance party song. What I love about this is how much it resembles the disco era. Now, that genre is one of my guilty pleasures so of course I would love any modern song that sounds like it came out of it. I'm really enjoying this tune.

Young and Beautiful - Lana Del Rey
Having just read The Great Gatsby, of course I've been all over the soundtrack. I have not had a chance to see the new movie yet (I've seen an older version) but am in LOVE with this song. It seriously captures the essence of the story so well and brings across this vibe that I just love. I love Lana Del Rey and her music is so captivating, especially this song. I haven't even seen the movie yet and I already can tell, just by the music (and of course Leo) that it is probably fantastic.

Sail - AWOLNATION
I know that this song has probably been out for a while now but I only recently decided to give it a listen. Actually, I discovered that I had already heard it multiple places. This is one of those songs that I've heard random places a few times and really liked it but could never figured out who it was or what it was called. I decided that I'd read this song on iTunes and Spotify for too long and finally played it. Let me just say I am now on love with this song. I love the tone and vibe it gives off so much. I seriously want to dance to this song. Not just like at a party or something, I mean legit, choreographed, artsy dancing because that is how much I love it.






Twitter: www.twitter.com/missbre13 <3
 

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Sail by AWOLNATION, such a good song! I should definitely check out those other ones :) and I loved your post about grad songs as well, since I'm graduating this year those songs hit home for me! Nice post :)

    -Hannah
    curlyandnerdy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! This song has been on repeat, it's so addicting. And yeah, I'm so excited to graduate! Mines next Friday, when's yours?

      Delete
    2. At the end of the month, so far awayyy! Have fun at yours :)

      Delete