Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: The Body Shop Banana Shampoo + Conditioner


I had heard so much about this stuff over the past few years here on the Internet: Banana Shampoo and Conditioner by The Body Shop. After all, anything hyped up this much is worth trying right? Well I decided to find out for myself.

Way back in September I decided to go on a "health kick", so to speak, for my hair. I had straightened my hair up until about 3 years ago when I figured I would just go natural. Like me, people with thick, curly, frizzy, and damaged hair are always on the hunt for moisturizing products. Upon hearing about this natural product and how great bananas are supposed to be for hair, I took a trip to the mall one day and dropped in to The Body Shop. I had never been there before, but have a not-so-secret obsession with Bath & Body Works so of course this store is right up my alley.

First let me say, the girls who worked there were super nice and extremely helpful. I immediately told them what I was there for and they happily showed me to the sacred banana products.

After using it for the first time, I could definitely notice a difference. My hair, that is usually never soft, right away felt more silky and smooth. This is one of those products that is kind of tricky because I started using a few other new hair products at the same time, making it difficult to pinpoint the exact product that had changed my hair. However, after going for my occasional purple shampoo and a different conditioner, my hair was noticeably less smooth and nowhere near as soft.

All in all, I believe these are good products. Even though you get two small bottles for 8$ each, I feel as if they are worth the buy.

I also kind of love the smell. Beware, though, if you're not a big fan of banana smells. They smell like real banana and not an artificial scent. Makes me feel like I'm being extra good to my hair by putting in real ingredients. Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/MissBre13

Requests? <3



No comments:

Post a Comment